Melrose Organic Apple Cider Vinegar Original is made from certified organic apples which offer exceptional quality and flavour. In order to maintain the nutritional value, Melrose Organic Apple Cider Vinegar Original is unpasteurized and unfiltered. The natural sediment that you see in our bottles is the true sign of raw and unfiltered vinegar. This sediment is a natural fibre produced by the vinegar bacteria. On standing a white cellulalaric cotton known as the “Mother” will form. It can be eaten, or if you prefer, can be broken up by shaking the bottle. Commercial Apple Cider Vinegar is filtered and pasteurised which destroys any enzymes present.
Use it in salad dressings, or as a drink, Organic Apple Cider Vinegar has been traditionally used to help digestion. New research shows that vinegar, when taken with a meal, helped keep blood sugar levels lower.It’s effective for pretty much anything—your skin, your hair, even your house can benefit from its qualities. Raw, organic, unfiltered and unpasteurized, Organic Apple Cider Vinegar is so much more than a salad dressing!
Let us read some of the benefits of this “Wonder Tonic” :
- Organic Apple Vider Vinegar can be used as a rinse for your hair after shampooing, and will boost your hair’s body and shine. Recycle an old bottle with 1/2 a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and a cup of cold water. Pour the solution through your hair after shampooing several times a week for dramatic results.
- It can help remove stains from teeth.All you have to do is rub teeth directly with apple cider vinegar, and rinse with water.
- Organic Apple Cider Vinegar Original can maintain the pH of your skin.Dilute ACV Original with two parts water, and spread the concoction over your face with a cotton ball to replace your current toner. You can do this at night after washing, and in the morning before you apply your moisturizer. A dab of Organic Apple Cider Vinegar can also be left on the skin overnight to fade age spots or acne scars.
- Data shows some significant, weight loss benefits from sustained daily intake of acetic acid (which is a main ingredient in apple cider vinegar).For daily weight management, add 2 teaspoons of Apple Cider Vinegar to 16 ounces of water. This concoction can be sipped throughout the day
- Organic Apple Cider Vinegar may help to control high blood sugar levels, which is why it is often used as a natural treatment for Diabetes.
Add 1-3 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar to a glass of warm or cool water before each meal. You can also add it to hot water with a little honey and drink it as a tea. Apple cider vinegar can also be used as a salad dressing.
One such recipe is the Quinoa and Black Bean Salad with Apple Cider-Coriander Dressing.Try it..
Quinoa and Black Bean Salad
1 cup uncooked quinoa (any color), rinsed and drained
2 cups water
2 large oranges
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons Melrose Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 teaspoon Wild Cape Manuka Honey
1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds, toasted and lightly crushed
1/2 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 1/2 cups (or 1 can) cooked black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
Place quinoa and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer over low heat. Simmer for about 15 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and let IT stand for 5 minutes. Fluff quinoa with a fork and spread on a parchment-lined baking sheet to cool.
Prepare oranges while quinoa is cooling. Finely grate the zest of one orange and set aside. Supreme both oranges, reserving the juice (squeeze the orange membranes after segmenting), and set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together orange zest, 3 tablespoons of orange juice, olive oil, Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, Manuka Honey, coriander seeds, salt, a few cracks of pepper, and chopped cilantro. Adjust seasonings if desired.
Place quinoa, black beans, onion, and orange segments in a large bowl and stir gently to combine. Pour dressing over salad and toss gently to coat.
Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.